Monday, February 3, 2014

The Question

Lots of people have questions for me about our trip.
But the number one question
I get is about security. Honestly, I am not very worried.
I don't have time to be worried.
I truly believe that Russia wants to show the world the
best show they can and they will 
do everything they can to make sure that happens.  

My husband, Donnie, and I both 
believe in living life to the fullest and taking advantage of 
opportunities when they arise. 
Tomorrow is not guaranteed.  And we can't live in fear.
So changing our plans never came
to mind when security concerns started to surface in the media.
As a family we are going on an
adventure that likely will not present itself again, and 
we are all ecstatic! Not afraid.

5 more sleeps and the adventure begins!

2 comments:

  1. Hi there - I found the link to your blog through Kelly Tomlinson (we used to be hockey teammates). I am thrilled to check your blog during the Olympics - what a cool adventure for your family! I love getting to see the behind-the-scenes things you don't get to see on t.v. Thanks so much for sharing this with us! Travel safely and have a blast! -Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said. It's a true adventure and we are living this one vicariously through you all. If we played it safe all the time, we'd never leave home and, even at home, we'd wear a helmet. Enjoy the unexpected and the strange, enjoy the new experiences and the borscht, enjoy the curling and the Olympic fever. Have fun, as we know you will- Diana

    ReplyDelete