Thursday, January 23, 2014

Madison Curling Club Party for Olympians

Patrick, Craig, Debbie and Steve
 (and my dad snuck in the back)
On Tuesday, I went to the Madison curling club for a party for the curling Olympians that will be going to Sochi, Russia.  I met Craig Brown who will be the fifth player on the men's team.  Patrick McDonald was there.  He plays on the Paralympic curling team as the skip. And the coach of the Paralympic team is Steve Brown (father of Craig) and he was there too. And of course, my Aunt Debbie was there. She is the third on the women's USA team.

There were other people there, too.  Lisa Schoeneberg went to the Olympics in 1988 and 1998.  My Aunt Debbie played with her in 1998 back then Debbie played second and Lisa was the skip.  I wasn't born at this time.

Lisa and Debbie
Me talking with Debbie and Tammy Baldwin
Tammy Baldwin, a Wisconsin Senator, was also there, too.  I got to meet her and shake her hand. She asked me if I was a curler too.  And I told her about how I won a gold medal at the junior bonspiel.  She also asked me if I had ever been overseas before, and I told her no, but I had been to Canada for the 2010 Olympics. It was pretty cool to meet a Senator.

My grandpa was there too.  He coached my Aunt Debbie's team in 2002 and 2010 when they went to the Olympics.


My Papa and Aunt Debbie

There was a raffle during the party.  I took some pictures of some of things that were in the raffle.  This is a mini curling stone and one of Debbie's shirts with a team picture.




Thanks reading my first blog. My mom helped with it a little bit, but I took most of the pictures and told her what to type.
--Carter

1 comment: