Monday, January 13, 2014

Fun as an Olympian

Do you know these people? 

If you have been paying close attention to this blog, you should know the three ladies in black.  If you are a fan of the show The Biggest Loser, then you know the lady in orange.  Debbie, Ann, and Jessica from Team USA went to Utah this fall as guests of the Biggest Loser show!!  This is a picture of them with the host, Alison Sweeney.  The show is going to air on Tuesday, January 14 at 7 CST.  Tune in to see how the Biggest Loser incorporated curling into their competition.  

So not only do the Olympic athletes get to experience the Olympics, which is amazing all by itself, they also have tons of other amazing experiences that come along with being an Olympian.  I count being on the Biggest Loser as one of those really cool things you get to do because you are an Olympian!  During the last Olympics, Debbie also got to curl in New York on the Today Show. Curling in Rockefeller Center on national television, how cool!? 

And tomorrow, she is headed to Vegas to curl in the Continental Cup.  Curling in Vegas!? How cool!! The Continental Cup is a competition where the US teams up with Canada to take on the World.  They have more than just your run of the mill curling games, so it is really fun to watch.  I have been told some will be televised, but I have not had a chance to figure out when and where.  If I get more details I will try to post them here.  But, meanwhile, you can follow along and find out more about this event at this link.

I have been struggling a bit with what those of you following this blog may be interested in reading about, and I have been very busy (aren't we all?).  Therefore, I have not posted much lately, but if you leave some suggestions on what you would like me to write about, I will do my best to write about what you want.

~Courtney

PS: We leave for Sochi in 26 days!! Aaahhhhh!! (that is a terrified, cause I am not ready, ecstatic, cause I am uber excited, scream!)

No comments:

Post a Comment